The president is the chairperson.
- The meeting is called to order followed by president’s remarks.
- The spiritual advisor or spiritual development chairperson is asked to lead the opening prayers which are to be said in unison.
- Scripture (or other appropriate) reading and reflection follows.
- The recording secretary is asked to take roll call or request that members sign an attendance list.
- The president asks if there are any additions to the agenda and asks for a motion to adopt the agenda.
- The recording secretary is asked to read
• minutes of the previous meeting
• report of the executive meeting
- The corresponding secretary is asked to list the correspondence sent or received since the last meeting and to read highlights of the correspondence as per the president’s request.
- The treasurer is asked to present the report of receipts and disbursements since the previous meeting starting with the previous balance and ending with the current balance. The monthly report is not adopted but filed for reference. Only the examined financial statement at the end of the year is approved by the members at the annual meeting.
- Reports in writing are called for from the standing committee chairpersons.
- Reports in writing are called for from chairpersons of special committees or events.
- Unfinished business not included in the above reports is presented.
- When new business is dealt with, it should be itemized on the agenda. Further items may be added when the president asks for additions in #5 above.
- The spiritual advisor is asked for a message and blessing.
- Details of program or activity to follow the meeting are announced.
- The president asks, “Is there any further business to come before this meeting?” If not, then she asks for a motion to adjourn.
- The meeting closes with a prayer and/or hymn.
Source: Handbook for Secretaries page 6