- Hits: 7856
Calgary Diocesan Council is composed of all CWL Councils in southern Alberta -- from Hanna in the north to the US border and from the Saskatchewan border in the east to the BC border in the west. Some councils have their own websites or a page on their parish website; these are linked below and you can tap the names in blue to go there to learn more about their individual activities.
The councils are organized in five regional committees based on geographical areas: Calgary, Drumheller, Highwood, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat. The purpose of a regional committee is to facilitate communication, cooperation, planning, education and friendship among parish councils in the region and the Calgary diocese. Regional committees are composed of the chair, secretary/treasurer, and the presidents of the parish councils in the region1, but all CWL members are welcome and encouraged to attend regional meetings.
- Calgary Regional meetings are scheduled for the 1st Monday of February, April, June, October and December. Please check the calendar for locations and any change of date.
Calgary region is organized in 4 quadrants:
- Blairmore (Crowsnest Pass) – Holy Trinity
- High River – St. Francis de Sales
- Okotoks – St. James
- Pincher Creek – St. Michael
- Vulcan – St. Andrew
- Medicine Hat
- Bow Island – St. Michael’s
- Brooks – St. Mary’s
- Foremost – Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- Medicine Hat – Holy Family
- Medicine Hat – St. Patrick’s
- Taber – St. Augustine
1The Catholic Women's League of Canada - Calgary Diocesan Council, Policy & Procedures, September, 2015
All councils are asked to let us know about changes in information as well as events / activities you wish added to the website. Please email our webmaster with all details.