Calgary Diocesan Annual Meeting of Members 2021
- Hits: 475
The Annual Meeting of Members was held virtually on Saturday, May 1st, 2021.
President Jan Myhre opened by welcoming everyone and holding a Memorial Service for Deceased Members, followed by opening prayer and call to order / roll call.
Bishop William McGrattan reflected on the CWL’s essential role in parish and society. He also spoke about the effect of the pandemic in the Diocese and our path to recovery: 2020 Impact Report *. He officially installed Fr. Pilmaikén Lezano as Diocesan Spiritual Advisor.
Fr. Pilmaikén conveyed his appreciation for the Bishop’s confidence in appointing him to his new role and expressed his commitment to the League. He later presided in the reaffirmation of the Diocesan Officers.
National President-Elect Fran Lucas presented a slide show highlighting her joyful experiences in the League.
Provincial President Judy Look extended greetings from Alberta Mackenzie.
Members were treated to a dramatization video based on St. Teresa of Avila, performed by Elisa Lollino.
- President – Jan Myhre
- President-Elect / Organization – Renee Spohn
- Vice-president / Spiritual Development – Kathleen Winter
- Secretary – Judy Montes
- Treasurer – Jan Morel
- Past President – Janet MacPhee
- Christian Family Life – Marjorie Robinson
- Community Life – Lorraine Clark
- Education & Health – Dr. Rose Geonzon
- Communications – Diane Miedema
- Resolutions – Dorothy Boras
- Legislation – Gayleen Hamilton
- 100th Anniversary of Calgary Diocesan Council – Diane Miedema